The Countdown is On…
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you a little update on the progress here. We move one week from today! I can’t believe it! We are doing well on getting packed up but I’m not doing well at living in a state of chaos! Things are boxed and stacked and there is clutter everywhere. When I think about loading all of my stuff onto a truck and moving it for the 8th time, I cringe! I take comfort in the fact that the Lord is behind this 100%, and He will help me move again. (But it is still no fun!)
Please pray for Northside. We are praying God will send them a good man to pick up the mantle here and go forward. The people are starting to perk up a little and think about the future, so that’s a blessing. They are such sweet people! Whomever God does send is one blessed family! I am really getting excited about our move. I have been setting goals and making plans. It is fun to think about starting over fresh. I have made mistakes here, and I hope to have learned from those mistakes. It’s nice to think about having a “clean slate.” I know I will make mistakes there, but I hope not the same ones!
As for our move, this is the order in which I do things every time I move: (I’ve highlighted the step I’m at now)
1. Sort items in drawers, closets, etc. – Here are my categories: give away, throw away, yard sale and storage. After eight moves, I’m very hard-hearted. My throw away, yard sale or give away piles are huge! You wanna know if you should keep something or not? Ask yourself, “Would I be willing to move this eight times?” And you’ll have your answer! (Haha!)
2. Pack all items for storage.
3. Clean and pack away items such as fans, seasonal decorations, etc.
4. Remove all items from walls, dust/clean and pack.
5. Pack items from closets. (Blankets, clothes we don’t wear a lot, etc.)6. I save the kitchen and bathrooms for last.
Since about three-four moves ago, I’ve been buying bubble wrap for the fragile items. It costs more than newspaper, but it’s worth it! Things are safer and my dishes do not need to be washed upon unpacking when I use bubble wrap.
I leave these areas for my husband: Garage and Yard. He takes sole ownership of these and I have no say. I’d just like to say that I enjoy having no say over this. I have my hands full with the other 3,200 square feet! (3,800 square feet total)
Another update, we did some checking on local Internet access in Hope. There is a company that offers it, but it is way out of our price range. AT&T, our local phone company there, doesn’t even offer dial-up!! We are going to do more checking after we get settled. We may try going wireless to see if that works. Or, we may not have it. :[ If not, that’s okay. I know I’ll make it. I will miss all of you though! You all have been so great to me to read my blog and comment or email me. Thank you so much.
Just a thought…
We recently found out that a local pastor has resigned his church and left his wife. It is heart breaking. We just saw them at a restaurant recently. She is such a sweet lady and they have two kids. I am reminded of some important things:
1. I need to keep a close walk with the Lord at all times.
2. I need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s nudging and/or screaming. A good rule of thumb is, when in doubt, DON’T!
3. I need to help and encourage my husband in his walk with the Lord in every way I can.
4. I need to pray for my husband and our marriage.
5. I need to be on guard against “the adulteress who hunts for the precious life”.
6. I need to be sure that I am not portraying any of the characteristics of the adulteress myself!
This is a wake up call. I think of 1 Cor. 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. I want to take heed now before it’s too late!