I haven’t had time to edit any photos for a post today, but I’ve gotten in such a habit of posting lately, I wanted to write something. I first started my blog (by a different name) almost five years ago. It was a great way to connect with other like-minded women and keep in touch with relatives who lived far away. As a busy mom and pastor’s wife, socializing didn’t happen for me in real life too often. I quickly learned that I could reach out online and visit with lots of people with just a click! Back before Facebook was wildly popular, blogging was a way to personalize my own space on the web. If readers commented, I could comment back, or visit their blogs. I could read about them and make new friends, without ever having to leave the house. (Not that I like staying in the house, but sometimes, I just can’t leave.)

I still love comments, even though e-mail and Facebook have become a quicker way to share thoughts or make introductions. I know that there is a way to have comments sent to my e-mail as soon as they are made. I also know that I could set comments to post automatically, instead of “moderating” them. But, then I’d miss out on one of my favorite things. What is it? I’m so glad you asked! You see, sometimes, I don’t have any notifications on Facebook – I love it when that little red bubble says “8” or “3”! The other day, it said “17”! (fist pump) I also love to see that little Gmail icon change to a number on my toolbar! Likewise, I get a thrill when I log on to Blogger and see the phrase “1 comment awaiting moderation”. It’s like bonus e-mail! I click on it and read it, about to burst inside with excitement! It’s kind of like eating chocolate, only without the threat of gaining weight. Sometimes, I see that indicator while I’m waiting for my kids to finish up a worksheet or test. You’d never know how excited I am by looking at me, after all, I can’t disrupt class, but the joy is there nonetheless.

I love the thought that there are real people out there, some in foreign countries, who are stopping by to visit. I love thinking about where they live, what their lives are like, what they might be doing to change the world, and on and on. I love visiting their homes on the web, and seeing the way they live. And I really love seeing “1 comment awaiting moderation.”

Β Really. πŸ™‚

Photobucket

15 thoughts on “Why I Love Comments

1. Ava Kinsey says:

Ding, ding, ding! You have mail!

Popping in to say Hi!

That's all.

Have a great day!

Ava

2. Woohoo! What a great day! πŸ™‚ Thanks! πŸ™‚ Hope you have a great day, too.

3. Jen says:

You've got mail! {My favorite movie, by the way!} Stopping by and saying hello from Australia.

4. Hi Jen! Thanks for taking the time to comment! You made my day. πŸ™‚ It's great to “meet” you.

5. Knock, knock! I'm sending you some email πŸ™‚ I hope that it brightens your day and in return I appreciate your blog friendship, too!

6. Thank you, Tamara! It makes my day even better! God bless. β™₯

7. Mrs. C says:

Pretend I'm leaving you a box of chocolates instead of just a comment. πŸ˜‰

8. Anonymous says:

I read every entry and appreciate your taking the time to write and post photos.
    Love you,
    Mother

9. Guess what??? You've got Indy blogger mail!! Thought I'd drop a note in here to say HI!! That is all. You may now go back to your regular scheduled LIFE.*Ü* ((hugs))

10. I'm so honored! Thank you, Kristy, Mrs. C, and Mom (also a Mrs. C). You all are great!

11. Kristy... says:

One comment waiting moderation.. There, now you have seen it twice on one comment… that is a toofer! πŸ™‚

I enjoy your blog, even when I do not comment I am always reading!

12. Anonymous says:

I check all the time to see if you have new posts, and I follow you on pinterest, mainly for your homeschooling pins! I just started homeschooling this past year, and I, um, am not as thrilled about it as you are- I need extra inspiration all the time! πŸ˜‰ Have a great day! Love, Cassandra

13. Hi Cassandra! I always love hearing from you. I'm not always excited about homeschooling! I like getting ideas from Pinterest for that same reason – a little inspiration. Thanks the comment!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Hope you have a great weekend!

14. Elsa Tesfam says:

1 Comment awaiting moderation:

Haha, me too! I love getting the “bonus” emails πŸ™‚

Hope you're having a great day!!

15. Thanks, Elsa! πŸ™‚ You left me THREE! πŸ™‚ Yippee! Hope you have a great day, too.