I’ve been eagerly awaiting the day when I could make this important announcement. Terry has resigned as Pastor here at Northside Baptist Church and has accepted the pastorate of Grace Baptist Church in Hope, Arkansas. We are taking a church that not only has children, but teenagers as well! Lauren’s prayers have been answered! That’s right, God heard, and indeed answered, an eight year old girl’s prayers! What a mighty God we serve, and how wonderful He is to us!
We usually take our annual trip to Arkansas around the first part of May, but when Terry was asked to preach in view of a call in Hope on April 20th, we moved our vacation up a wee bit.We were not looking for a place to go. In fact, the Lord has really been blessing our work here – oh, not by giving us huge numbers or large offerings, but in baby steps. Here a little, there a little. We have been anticipating great things in 2008 – and trust me, a move was not one of them. Here are a few interesting things about all of this that really meant nothing until we received the call to Grace Baptist Church:
1. As stated before, we were not looking to leave. This was all done in God’s timing. An evangelist friend felt he should put our name in at this church, and it was of the Lord. They phoned Terry on April 2nd, and he drove to Hope to meet them on April 4th. They asked him to preach on April 20th. He preached there and we were called, unanimously, on April 27, 2008. That can only be the Lord!
2. We have had a real peace that God would bless our efforts to serve Him here, even when the battles were great. I’ve been using Hebrews 11:6 as my strength. It says: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Again, I was expecting the rewards to be given here in Burnet, but God had other plans.
3. We did not notice until after we were asked to go in view of a call that the stationary Terry had printed (at a costly amount) back in February did not have his name as Pastor on it! He did not do this intentionally, but I do not believe it was a coincidence. The church can continue to use this stationary after we are gone.
4. We are almost through with school for the year. This is a blessing! The children will not be uprooted from a school and friends because we home school…another benefit.
5. Terry had just discontinued our website (biblewaytexas.com) in mid March! (Although, as of now, it may still be going.) He simply felt he should end it. Again, it was of the Lord.
6. I have been unable to decide what theme to go with for a Mother/Daughter banquet. The Lord seemed silent on this subject, so I had decided to not have one this year.
7. I had just discontinued my monthly ladies newsletter due to financial and time constraints.
None of the above seemed very extraordinary at the time, but now, it seems clear it was God guiding us all along the way.
We make our move on May 15th! Grace Baptist Church is full of loving people. We had a feeling of being at home from the moment we walked through the door. The thought of packing and moving doesn’t exactly thrill me, but at least I’ve got experience. :o) This will be my 8th move in 10 years of marriage. Yes, please pray for me.The church has a parsonage. I am unsure of the address as of this time, but I’ll be posting my new information soon.
I praise the Lord for the success He’s granted us here at Northside. We have not accrued any debt in the church’s name. We have not seen the church split over something minute. We have seen souls saved on soul winning, and one saved in church. We have conducted a successful VBS (with only a few workers) and saw 7 girls saved. We’ve held Bible Institute classes, and a Ladies Bible Study. We have started Super Church. We have taken on five new missionaries for a total of 14. We have done a lot of work on the church building and parsonage. We are thankful to be able to say that we are leaving it better than we found it.
It will not be easy to say goodbye. We are dreading it. Please pray for us, the people here, and for the church to find a pastor quickly.I suppose my “Life in the Hill Country” is about to come to a close. I’m thankful that my life hasn’t yet! :o) I am not sure if we will have Internet access in Hope. If so, I’ll be starting a new blog. If not, well, I guess this will be it for a while.
Thanks for staying with me, guys. I hope we can keep in touch. Until then, I’ll be keeping you posted on the joys of packing, moving and starting over…again!
8 thoughts on “Lauren’s Prayers Are Answered!”
I am so excited to read this blog! You will only be an hour and a half from home, and will most likely get to see your Mother more of than now and then you are only 7 and a half hours from us which makes for such an easier trip! I will continue to pray for you all as you make this move and get settled!!
I will miss the blog. Will we still be able to look at the old entries, photos, etc.?
I love you.
Praise the Lord! I'll bet you are so excited! Let me know when you start a new blog! 🙂
I agree with your Mother. Let's gang up on her! lol
I'm excited to see what your new title of this blog will be. Of which I'm sure you have had plenty of time to think about. lololol At least a whole minute now. :] But of course you can start a whole new one and just link this one, like I do with my other two blogs. In any case, you will keep everyone in suspense I'm sure. After all, is not your name ~Valerie :o).
I will pray that At&t will have internet in your area, so that you will still be able to do what you love. WRITE!
I'm sure that my desire for reading and keeping in touch w/ U will slip into my prayer some where too. ;]
Now what do you think your doing reading this for, you have packing to do.
Get to work! ;]
It is great to see God working in your lives. I hope all goes well with the move and you guys really enjoy Hope. I will have to come down for a visit when you all get settled in. My prayers are with you guys.
Oh My Goodness!!!! This is awesome!!!! To be back in Arkansas, you must be thrilled that the Lord saw fit to place you close to home. You and Melanie will be able to see each other more often, when she gets to go home.
I surely hope you have internet access, I will depressed not to read “the blog.”
Wendy in NC
Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and especially the prayers. I'm thrilled to know you enjoy reading my blog, I sure enjoy writing it. It is my bright spot for myself each day!
Matthew, it was soo good to hear from you! I don't have your email, so I hope you read this! Thanks for stopping by online, and yes, do stop by in Hope if you can!
Kristy, you are sooo right lady! I need to get to work! ;]
I'll definitely link to a new blog from this one if/when I get one. So, keep popping in!
I appreciate you all soooo much!
This was surprising news! I am happy for you and I will be praying that everything goes smoothly with the packing and moving. Not my favorite task either! I really hope that you will be able to keep blogging because I love being able to keep in touch with you so easily!