A little item has been floating around on facebook lately. It’s called “25 Random Things About Me”. I have enjoyed reading them and finding out little known things about my facebook friends. I posted some “random things” about myself, but found it was hard to do! Well, it was hard to post any interesting ones off the top of my head.
I gave it some more thought, and decided to give it a second try here. I hope you don’t mind. If you have a blog and decide to do the same, please let me know!
1. I have had three root canals all because of having fillings which got too close to the nerves of my teeth.
2. My endodontist in Austin (a doctor who does root canals all day, every day) was so nice that I sent him a thank you note!
3. I have had so much work done to the teeth mentioned above, that I know their numbers, and a few other facts about dentistry in general. (They were #19,#30, and #31. C’mon, you were curious about it, right? No? oh.)
4. I can only wear earrings with solid gold posts. I am allergic to the “hypoallergenic” kind. However, I can wear them for brief intervals with no ill effects.
5. My husband and I moved 950 miles away when I was seven months pregnant with my first child.
6. The doctor who delivered my first child was Iranian. This means I could not understand him when he spoke to me.
7. I change my sheets every Friday. So, now you know not to come by that day. I’m busy. =)
8. I love to organize closets and cabinets! I just re-organized my pantry this week! It was a blast!
9. I have an Uncle who was paralyzed over 30 years ago, yet this has not kept him from farming the entire time. He also has a great sense of humor!
10. I never met my paternal Grandfather. He died when my Dad was 21 years old, before he married my Mom.
11. My Dad never got over the death of his father. I can see why now.
12. My Mom would stay up very late talking and listening to me when I was teenager, even though she had to get up at 4:30AM every day to go teach school. She never complained. I appreciate that so much more now that I’m a mom!
13. I became an Aunt at age 11. My brother and his wife had my nephew, Levi. I adored him! I was always a willing babysitter! 🙂
14. My brother was the principal of my Christian school when I was in 4th – 6th grade.
15. I used to get in trouble for calling my brother by his first name while I was at school. To remedy this, I called him “Bro. Kevin” at home. Till he told me to quit. There’s just no pleasing some people! (Just kidding! Don’t panic, I love my brother!)
16. I get very disappointed when I log in to blogger and there are NO COMMENTS. It is such a bummer.
17. My husband has a wonderful sense of humor! Look who he married! 🙂
18. Both of my grandfathers were orphaned very young, but still managed to grow up to be successful and raise wonderful children.
19. I was the first woman to be published in the devotional booklet “Baptist Bread”. My article appeared Dec. 28, 2008.
20. My husband and I went out to eat at Red Lobster for his birthday in 2002. He ate lobster for the first time that night. That date ended up costing us $600. We spent the remainder of the evening in the ER because he found out he was allergic to lobster! He went into anaphylactic shock. Needless to say, we didn’t go out to eat again for a long time!
21. Some of the best lady friends I have, I met in Lawrence, Kansas. It was a hard time in my life, yet the Lord sweetened it so much by placing these ladies in my life.
22. I love the smell of a new Bible!
23. One of my close friends (we met at youth camp when we were 15) is leaving with her family to go to Brazil on March 31! Who would have ever thought I’d be privileged to be close friends with a missionary!
24. My doctor here told me to call him at home and check in with him after my most recent appointment. Three cheers for small town America! 🙂
25. I homeschool my children, but I believe I am learning far more than they!