Laci selected these yummy and very easy strawberry shortcakes for her recipe last week. We all enjoyed this one! I usually bake a yellow cake and top it with strawberries and whipped topping for this dessert, but we found these biscuits to be a nice change from our normal version. I think the cinnamon/sugar mixture is a tasty touch.
So, if you’re looking for an easy version of strawberry shortcake, perhaps you’d like to try this one! We loved it!
1 pkg. grand size refrigerated biscuits
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 pints fresh strawberries
3-5 kiwi fruit
1-2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping.
- Preheat oven to 375°. For shortcakes, place biscuits 1-2 inches apart on cookies sheet. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shaker and sprinkle the mixture evenly over tops of biscuits. Turn biscuits over and sprinkle with remaining mixture.
- Bake 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and place on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare fruit topping by washing strawberries with cool water. Remove stems and slice. Peel and slice kiwis and add to strawberries.
- Add sugar to fruit mixture (if needed) and mix gently. Split each shortcake in half crosswise.
- To serve, place bottom halves of shortcakes on individual small plates. Top each with some of the fruit mixture and cover with top half of shortcake. Top each shortcake with whipped topping and a strawberry for decoration.
This makes a delicious treat on a warm spring or summer evening!