Some sweet friends gave us a box of deliciously sweet peaches from Colorado about a week ago. They inspired me to whip up a peach cobbler, a perfect peach cobbler, or so the recipe is called. I got this particular recipe from my friend, Nicole, when we lived in Kansas. It was most definitely the high spot of our time there. I wanted to do something kind; to spread some joy, love, and happiness. This recipe should do the trick.
Oh, and you can use canned peaches or peach filling if you don’t have fresh peaches from Colorado on hand. 😉
- 3-4 cups peaches (sweetened to your liking)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice peaches and line bottom of a 9×13 dish.
- Stir together dry ingredients with a fork.
- Toss dry ingredients and beaten egg with a fork until crumbly. Spread this over the top of the peaches.
- Drizzle the top with melted margarine.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.